Two weeks to go!
At this two-week point before our departure, things have slowed down in some ways but picked up in others.
As trip coordinator, my work to-do list looks like the following:
- Get copies of everyone’s code of conduct, emergency contact, etc. forms, in addition to their passports, Tanzania visas, and yellow fever cards
- Make sure all trip participants have copies of their travel information, passport, visa, and yellow fever card in a suitcase that is traveling
- Share trip information with someone not going on the trip, who then knows how to get a hold of the right person at the school in case of emergency
- Ensure that the two emergency contact people at William Penn University have all the contact information, trip itineraries, etc.
- Grade all assignments for trip participants
- Ensure the blog is being updated with our information and determine who is writing on which day while we are on our trip
- Answering calls or texts in the middle of the night from trip participants
My personal to-do list in preparation for this 11 day trip, includes:
- Giving my emergency contact all the information they want and need about the trip
- Paying the bills ahead of time
- Charging camera battery
- Contacting my banks to let them know I will be out of the country
- Change my email and voicemail greetings
With these only being excerpts of my to-do lists – you can imagine how the time is just continuing to fly by until we depart two weeks from today, on Saturday, March 3rd.